Warehouse Associate: Assist in warehouse with receiving deliveries, picking up and delivering material, cleaning, organizing, forklift operation and palletizing materials.
Warehouse Worker Job Duties:
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; preparing materials for jobsites.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck / truck and trailer to and from vendors and/or jobsites.
- Maintains truck and trailers.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Forklift experience, Valid Drivers License, Clean DMV, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Data Entry Skills, Dependability, Knowledge of Warehouse Operations.
- Assist in unloading trucks, checking in materials, matching bill of materials (BOM) to items received.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open crates, boxes and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate method.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Count items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, forklifts, hand and power tools.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
One year of prior warehouse experience, and/or construction experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quality Telecom Consultants Employee Benefits:
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience; regular evaluations.
- Comprehensive health benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for all employees.
- Competitive 401(k) plan.
- Life Insurance
- Overnight out of town Per Diem – when applicable.