Apply online for QTC's Superintendent position.
- Prepares work schedules and assignments.
- Communicates and enforces safety procedures and site rules.
- Develops a schedule and cost-effective plan for completion of an assigned project.
- Performs Pre-Construction Inspections
- Performs Site inspections (QA)
- Must do Safety inspections.
- Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness; prepares and provides progress reports to owners and architects; makes recommendations for necessary modifications.
- Collaborates with architect, engineer, attorney, and other pertinent stakeholders to ensure specifications, zoning requirements, and other regulations are met.
- Ensures specifications and regulations outlined in architectural and engineering plans are followed.
- Obtains required permits and licenses; executes construction contracts according to terms of agreement.
- Monitors budget throughout the project and communicates variances as they occur.
- Maintains records related to costs and inventory.
- Addresses any safety violations or other deficiencies.
- Collaborates with union representatives to answer questions and clarify procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Permitting – inspection City and fire
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in different roles.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to read, understand, and execute blueprints, drawings, and plans.
- Thorough understanding of legal requirements relating to construction and building sites.
- Thorough understanding of quality building practices.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them.
Education and Experience:
- At least four years of experience in building trade required.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the construction site in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift to 40 pounds at times.
Quality Telecom Consultants Employee Benefits:
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience; regular evaluations.
- Comprehensive health benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for all employees.
- Competitive 401(k) plan.
- Life Insurance
- Overnight out of town Per Diem – when applicable.