Payroll Clerk $16-20 per hour DOE
We are looking for a qualified Payroll Clerk to assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation in the company. You will undertake a variety of tasks such as verifying timecard entries, including hours worked, lunch break taken and other data. Submitting employee data to secured portals for various needs. An excellent payroll clerk has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities. The goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy. The best candidate will have the ability to work independently and in a team environment, be able to adapt quickly to change and be open to learning and doing things outside the scope of their specific duties as needed and assigned by the Payroll Supervisor.
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities:
Weekly payroll data entry: hourly employees payroll verification and payroll record entry
Employee information management
All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Strong computer skills such as typing, system and software knowledge
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of wage withholding orders
- Accurate data entry skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with employees regarding their issues and concerns
- Good client service skills
- Being an effective team player
- Sound decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment with specific deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a time-sensitive environment
- Confidentiality and respect for the privacy of employee records
Experience with various Accounting Software; Sage 100 Contractor as plus, but not required.
Strong computer skills; Outlook, Microsoft Office, Proficient in Excel in particular
Attention to detail and accuracy a must
Ability to prioritize work, with multi-tasking and good decision making a must
Great with teamwork and building others
Quality Telecom Consultants Employee Benefits:
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience; regular evaluations.
- Comprehensive health benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for all employees.
- Competitive 401(k) plan.
- Life Insurance
- Overnight out of town Per Diem – when applicable.