Fleet Maintenance Apprentice
Assist in repairs, inspections, and maintenance of fleet. Shadow Journeyman Mechanic to leans skills and processes.
Fleet Maintenance Apprentice Job Duties:
- Assist in the inspection of fleet units to FMCSA/DOT and QTC standards.
- Shadow journeyman mechanics and assist in repairs and maintenance.
- Keeps shop clean and organized.
- Completes inventory counts and replenishes stock as needed.
- Maintenance and repair of fleet units, equipment, and small engines.
- Makes runs for parts and supplies.
Skills/Qualifications: Teamwork, Dependability, Punctuality, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Valid Driver’s License, Clean Motor Vehicle Record, Able to pass a DMV physical, Trailer skills, Documentation Skills, Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Assist Journeyman Mechanics in daily tasks
- Make runs for parts.
- Install/ Removal of equipment on trucks. (Welders, Cross boxes, Transfer Tanks)
- Maintain truck cleanliness. Offloading material and washing as needed.
- Changing tires on trucks and trailers.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Attention to detail.
- Time Management.
This position works in a shop setting, with outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard shop equipment such as lifts, jacks, air compressors, air tools, basic hand tools, power tools, etc. QTC provides all tools and equipment needed to perform this position and does not require any tools or equipment to be supplied by the employee.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position Monday – Friday/Tuesday – Saturday
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- CDL – Class A license.
- Familiarity of DOT/FMCSA rules and regulations
- Some mechanical experience in a shop environment preferred but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quality Telecom Consultants Employee Benefits:
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience; regular evaluations. Paid time off.
- Comprehensive health benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision coverage for all employees.
- Competitive 401(k) plan.
- Life Insurance
- Overnight out of town Per Diem – when applicable.