Facility Associate / Laborer
Assist in the facility with cleaning, organization, building repairs and maintenance, receiving deliveries, organizing, forklift operation and palletizing materials.
Facility Laborer Job Duties:
- Maintains facility cleanliness.
- Makes minor repairs and maintenance to building.
- Maintains truck and trailers.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties assigned
Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Forklift experience, Documentation Skills, Equipment, Maintenance, Data Entry Skills, Dependability, knowledge of Facility Operations.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open crates, boxes and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate method.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Count items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Ability to regularly and punctually attend work.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, forklifts, hand and power tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday.
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
One year of prior warehouse experience, and/or construction experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quality Telecom Consultants Employee Benefits:
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience; regular evaluations.
- Comprehensive health benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for all employees.
- Competitive 401(k) plan.
- Life Insurance
- Overnight out of town Per Diem – when applicable.