Electrician Job Duties:
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits, pipes and conductors.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel and work nights as needed.
- Willingness to work around active aerial tower activity.
- Willingness to help tower crews as needed ie: pull ropes, gather material, install coax connectors and any other duties asked by the foreman.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read blueprints, some job sites will be technical telecom facilities.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Planning, organizational and analytical skills.
Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Maintain compliance with all PPE and safety regulations per OSHA and company standards.
Utilize a proactive approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues.
Quality Telecom Consultants Employee Benefits:
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience; regular evaluations.
- Comprehensive health benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for all employees.
- Competitive 401(k) plan.
- Life Insurance
- Overnight out of town Per Diem – when applicable.