Civil Construction Laborer Career Opportunity
Apply online for QTC's civil construction laborer position.
Experience in construction preferred. This position involves the operation of heavy equipment. Including but not limited to excavators, loaders, dozers, graders and forklifts. Apply today and secure your future in a growing industry. Please email your resume and cover letter with the position you are applying for in the subject line. Another way to apply is to fill out the form.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality.
- Must be willing to travel periodically and be able to work within a non-structured schedule e.g. long hours, weekends, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Adaptable to changing work assignments.
- Team oriented.
- Understand and promote company values at all times.
- Reports To Civil Crew Foreman.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Verify that all of the tools, equipment and stocked supplies on your trailer are available and in working order.
- Attend a daily tailgate meeting to address daily tasks and safety issues.
- Report any safety concerns to the Crew Leader.
- Take direction from Crew Leader to build the job following the scope of work.
- Site cleanup daily.
- Take pictures of final work.
- Clean out trucks & trailers after each job and put materials and equipment away.
- Begin preparations for next job.
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
- Knowledge of mixing and pouring construction material such as concrete, sand, grout etc.
Quality Telecom Consultants Employee Benefits:
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience; regular evaluations.
- Comprehensive health benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for all employees.
- Competitive 401(k) plan.
- Life Insurance
- Overnight out of town Per Diem – when applicable.