We are looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Auditor/Trainer to join our team. As a Safety Trainer/Auditor, you will provide advice and counseling about regulatory compliance with safety, health and environmental laws, codes, regulations, standards, and the related Company requirements as well as conduct all aspects of in-house company training and safety.
• Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs.
• Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, or construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
• Monitor installation of wiring or equipment to ensure that installation is performed properly and is in compliance with applicable regulations.
• Evaluate project details to ensure adherence to environmental regulations.
• Inspect and monitor construction/residential sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, or specifications.
• Confer with owners, violators, or authorities to explain regulations.
• Verify availability or monitor use of safety equipment, such as harnesses and traffic cones.
• Evaluate situations or make determinations when a worker has refused to work on the grounds that danger or potential harm exists.
• Must be up to date on all safety regulations in a construction setting.
• Able to utilize attention to detail to find and correct problems during on-sight visits with our employees.
• Enforce job safety at all times.
• Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
• Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
• Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
• Performs administrative duties to track completion of training, scheduling of classes and resources, compile and prepare statistical information on training program status.
• Ability to travel out of town majority of the week.
• Ability to conduct in house trainings.
- Ability to attend work regularly and punctually
- Sit/Stand for <= 8 hours per day
- Work at a computer station for <= 8 hours per day
- Lift / Push / Pull <= 25lbs
- Bend / Twist / Reach as needed
- Extensive knowledge of current company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Travel is required.
- At least 2 years of telecommunications experience